Golden Hour, Destiny Reflection, Kolkata, India

Golden Hour, Destiny Reflection, Kolkata, India

Saturday 3 December 2016

The People

One of the best parts of our stay in India has been forming new bonds and relationships with the most amazing people. Whether it was the ever so kind couple we shared a berth with on our train back from Varanasi or the many people that have played a part in our everyday experiences - hands down, it is the people that have made this experience so unforgettable. Strangers have never felt more like family. Everyone has been nothing but helpful, welcoming, and extremely hospitable in every corner of India that we have visited. The countless homemade meals and laughter shared have overwhelmed us. We’ve learned something from each person we’ve encountered, whether that encounter lasted 5 minutes or 3 months.
Lovely couple we met on the train! Selfie was a must.

Two women specifically come to mind when I think about our learning and growth over the past few months. Our housemother/host, Debjani and our employer, Smarita. Role models that embody confidence, leadership, and empowerment. We’ve learned so much from our time with these brilliant humans and I wish I could understand things the way they do. I wish I could immerse myself more in their thoughts.  They have such vision and insight into the way the world works and what needs to be done to create a global community. I am beyond grateful for my time with them.

Zahra, Debjani, & Katie
Zahra, Smarita, & Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment